Wednesday, August 12, 2009

more Ally sewing & a new batch of bags

there's been a whole lot of sewing going on at our house! Yesterday I cut out 10 more Nantucket bags to sew. While I was cutting, Ally whipped up this sweet little quilt top from her Halloween Charm Pack..... It's a disappearring nine patch & she did the whole thing by herself. Even when her bobbin got jammed up, she took her machine apart, cleaned it up & redid it without getting frustrated! Amazing.....

Today I sewed up three of the Nantucket bags... I've added inside pockets to these! They will be heading to Ohio as soon as I have a few more done. I love this brown one.....
& a couple of variations on the Lizzy Dish bags.....

If you look to the right of this post (over there ------> ) you will see a button for the friendship bag swap! My very first online swap. I've always wanted to do one & when I saw the little tote bags I thought "gosh, this is right up my alley". I can't wait to find out who my swap buddy is! Ally & I are planning to go to the Plano Quilt Show on Saturday, I think I will find some fabric there to make my little bag..... & some goodies to tuck inside it! Fun!
ok, back to work I go.....


1 comment:

Sewjoe said...

Sounds like fun! Enjoy!!