Thursday, January 14, 2010

goodies in the mail... and projects

The mailman has brought some wonderful goodies in the last few days! I told you about my swap with Chris. Here are the pretty little pouches she made for me! My new camera fits perfectly in the larger one, and my ID & debit card, etc, in the small one. I love them so much! Thanks Chris.


Then today the mailman brought these lovely fabrics that I ordered here....
The photo really doesn't do them justice. The colors are so bright & vivid (& what is it with me & birds lately? odd.) I ordered the whole line in fat quarters! I don't know what they will become, but it sure will be bright & cheerful.


And yes, I have been sewing. Lots of different projects going on. I had fun making coasters using this tutorial. They are so so easy & fun to make! I made this set of four from 2 fat quarters!

Look how cute they are all tied in a bundle with a little scrap of rick rack! I see lots of these in my gift giving future....
And I decorated some more towels. These with a few charms from a moda charm pack (Love U by Deb Strain)

and these, with a crochet border from Crochet Today, to match the kitchen scrubby I made last week!

So, you see, I have been very busy! What have you been making lately?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Everything's so lovely! I love the tea towels though, we use ours constantly they are great! I could have a whole cupboard full of them.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love the yellow decorated towels! What a sunny color for a dreary winter day. I may have to get myself a charm pack or two of those... :)

LOVE the pouches too... but I'm sure you already know that. LOL.

Maria said...

You have been busy aking some lovely things.
Wow the fabric is gorgeous.

Shona Cole said...

Ellyn, I am doing a giveaway for folks signed up as followers to my blog, well your name was chosen by the random generator! Please give me a visit and see what your prize choices are. http://shonastudio.blogspot.com/

Shona :)