Thursday, January 21, 2010

placemats

I've been working on something a little different than my usual style! I made these placemats as a wedding gift for a friend (I'm working on a table runner & coasters to match). I went to the fabric store with something else in mind. I knew I wanted to start with some natural linen, but I never imagined that my final product would be so contemporary! When I saw the big polka dot fabric I knew that was my jumping off point....
The placemats are 13x18 inches. I like them a lot! What do you think? Totally out of the box for me.

Tonight is our first sewing guild meeting of the new year. This year a couple friends of mine are heading up a new feature at guild meetings. Every month there will be a different small craft featured to help us use up our stash. This month we are making coffee cozies. We used this tutorial to make our samples. Here's mine:


I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think I'll be taking this with me to the coffee shop to use for my hot chocolate when we have Biblestudy there next week. It was fun & easy to make!

what have you been making?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well I have been making nothing. I leave that up to you! LOL Anyway, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those placemats!!! Great choice of fabrics and colors...they would look awesome on a table!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Loving those placemats! I started a set for myself 2 years ago and never finished them. I guess I better hop to it!