Thursday, February 11, 2010

winter in Texas

Out my front window this morning: I know it doesn't begin to compare with what my friends on the East Coast are dealing with, but still.... isn't this Texas? Yes, school is open! Tomorrow is supposed to be much colder & worse.

I've been taking advantage of the wintry weather & working on my mini quilt for the winter swap. Here are my pieces all laid out.....

and a sneak peek of the quilt going together. I can't tell you where it's going, but I will say that warm mittens would come in very handy for my swap partner where she lives! I hope she likes it.


Stay warm my friends!

5 comments:

Chris said...

hi Ellyn! Love your quilt and the colors... I into red and turquoise blues right now too!

Carmen said...

Love the colors of your winter quilt...my sis (a Canadian, and a 'seasoned' snow person) lives in Dallas...so she's (and her 2 daughters and hubby who are all texan) lovin' all this snow...just in time for the winter olympics!!

Marijke said...

Hello Ellyn,
Beautiful colors. And the red mittens on them.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I heard about the snow falling in Texas from my best friend. Gotta love global warming! Love the colors in your mini quilt. It's going to be adorable!

Maria said...

Love the snow photos.

Great little winter mini too. Cute mittens as well.