Thursday, July 15, 2010

because a girl can never have too many bags...

or maybe just because I pieced these hexis so long ago & I was tired of waiting for them to make themselves into something? Either way, I am really happy with the way they look appliqued onto red pillow ticking. It's a nice sized bag to take a magazine, a hand project & my little clutch bag when I know I'm going to be doing some waiting somewhere. And it just plain makes me smile.

Today I am working on an apron for my daughter. NO not for Ally! Leigh Anne has been learning to cook this summer, preparing to move into her first apartment in a couple of weeks. And she asked me to make her an apron! I will happily share pictures in the next couple of days. I will say, I have not sewn with a "commercial" pattern in a while & I am disappointed in this one. Maybe I will do a pattern review for you too.... seems like people only do those when the patterns are fabulous. Hmmm....

I just wanted you to know that my sewing machine is not sitting idle!

1 comment: