Sunday, May 8, 2011

May Birdie Stitches finally finished!

I know, I know, it's only May 8 & technically I have all month to get these done (my own personal deadline) but really, you know I like to get them done as quickly as possible. If nothing else, it feels so good to check something off my list early on each month. Sometimes even on the FIRST day of the month! I did print out the pattern for this last Sunday, the first. But I didn't get around to the actual stitching until this weekend. I'm really enjoying Little Miss Shabby's Birdie Stitches blocks. They are fun & cheerful. And I really liked the flowers for May. I popped some applique in the middle of two of the flowers just for fun.

Then I did bunches of french knots in the middle of the orange flower. I love the texture that creates! I must confess, I left some flowers off (YES! There were MORE!). It just seemed like overkill to me. But I love the way it turned out. Five blocks done! Who knew I could stick with something this long?



3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I agree. The original block is a bit busy. I have plans not to do al. The little flowers too. And not for nothing but I haven't finished April's block yet!

Melissa said...

Another great block - I really like all the happy colors!

Maria said...

I just love your blocks.You have done so well. I love your colour choice.