Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I took a little trip...

Sorry I've been missing. I took a little trip... To Houston! My good friend Leigh Ann (yes my oldest is named for her!) lives there. I hadn't seen her in a long time and it was so good to visit, do some shopping, some singing (more on that in a minute), some eating....

Leigh Ann & I met 30+ years ago when we sang together in Up With People. Do any of you remember them? It was an incredible year. Leigh Ann & I were two of the babies in our cast, both just out of High School, 18 years old. Another member of our Up With People cast lives near Houston too. Charlotte and her husband came to have dinner with us on Friday. I hadn't seen her since we travelled years ago! What a wonderful visit we had.


Here's how Leigh Ann finally got me down there! Every year for the last few years she has invited me to come sing with her church choir. Each year they invite a different composer to come and direct a special concert of his songs. I always thought it sounded like great fun, but was never able to get away for the weekend. Until now!




A couple of months ago, Leigh Ann invited me to come this year. And then she told me who the guest composer was going to be. Ken Medema! Well... I had met Ken & sung with him and a local youth choir (in Ohio) in the 1970s! I just couldn't pass this opportunity up! So I went down and sang with nearly 100 others for the weekend. Check out this awesome choir:






That's Ken at the Piano. He did a concert for us on Saturday too. It was wonderful! So that's where I've been, but I'm home now & preparing some more crafty posts for you... stay tuned!






4 comments:

Sewjoe said...

Glad you had a good break!

Maria said...

So pleased you had a great time and met up with some dear old friends.

Lisa said...

Happy to hear you had a fantastic time away.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

So cool!! Glad you had a great time visiting and singing.