Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Here I am!

Sorry I have been away from my blog for a while. I've been a bit foggy headed! Last Friday I had knee surgery. I've been having trouble with my knees for a while & it was time to get it taken care of! So I wrapped up in my quilt for a few days and learned how to use crutches (not very well, I might add!) During my more lucid moments, I worked on a stitchery project. The Sew Happy Me blog has been publishing a Christmas Sewalong block every week and I had printed out the first three before my surgery and got them ready to stitch. I have finished 2, started the third and printed the fourth....

And I drew up plans for a quilt for a new baby coming soon. Don't you love these Busytown fabrics? I got them from The Fat Quarter Shop last week. There's a story I want to tell you about this baby coming and busytown, but that will wait for another post....


Meanwhile, I have so many projects waiting to be finished. Like this tunic, which just needs buttons....


And a cross quilt that I want to tell you about! I have these 12 blocks done...


And strips cut for several more blocks....


It's time for me to get moving again! I have ditched the crutches (honestly they are more dangerous for me than helpful!) and will begin physical therapy this afternoon...


Oh, and one more thing....


GO RANGERS!


ok, that's all now. I promise!












4 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to hear you are getting around!! Wow, you have a lot of projects going. I've been down with a sinus infection - UGH, but at least had time to start reading next month's book club book.

Yes - GO RANGERS!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Nice to see you back. Keep off that knee and rest. Put your feet up and relax. :)

Maria said...

WOW Ellyn you have keep busy while tucked up under that lovely quilt.
Don't do too much and get better soon.

Lisa said...

Good to see you are keeping yourself busy while recovering. I ditched my crutches early too, I was TERRIBLE at using them, plus it's very hard to use crutches and carry a little baby at the same time :-) Recover quickly friend.