Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pinterest finds and other stuff

Yikes, it's almost been a week since I checked in here! I have been sewing up a storm.... just have not managed to get things to the blog. So sorry! I will try to do better.

Our Seams like Sisters group had a sewing day on Saturday. Those ladies are so much fun! Look at the adorable cat quilt Alice brought to show us... There were lots of fun projects made that day (did I get pictures of them all? No. I did not. You'll just have to believe me!) and lots of snacks eaten. Diann and I even made a mid afternoon run to the store for ice cream. Because quilters need ice cream, right? Even if it is pouring rain. Oh, and there was a dance break too. I wish I had that on video (Joellen does!).

Ok, so who else is hooked on Pinterest? Come on, fess up! I know you are! Here are just a few of the awesome projects I have spotted on there recently...


I couldn't get that quilt block in the upper right hand corner out of my head! So I found the tutorial and gave it a try this morning. Oh my gosh, it was so easy! That block looks so complicated. It starts out as 2 four patches (I used 5" squares) and you end up with 2 blocks (mine are 7 1/2 inches finished) like this...


What have you found on Pinterest (or elsewhere?) lately that you want to try?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have intentionally been avoiding Pinterest because I don't want time to get away from me. However, I'm enjoying seeing what other bloggers find, so in a way I'm still getting a taste of inspiration from it.

Thanks so much for being here today!!!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Very cool block. I need to try it one of these days.