Monday, March 26, 2012

New Floors!

The new floors went in in one day! It was a long day, but by the time we went to bed, it was done! Whew! (ok, I make it sound like I did the work myself, so exhausted! I didn't. We paid to have them done and I was trapped in a little corner of my kitchen all day while they worked. No complaints!)

Look at the beautiful wood laminate floor in my sewing space! It makes my room look so big before I brought all the furniture back in. 
The wood laminate goes through most of the lower level of the house, the family room, living room, dining room and hallways in addition to my sewing room. It looks amazing! Once it was done, the reloading began. All of my pretty fabrics made it back onto their shelves...
I think I need to fill in some of that empty space! My other bookcase has a whole empty shelf....

My tables and storage units are back in (oops, I guess I took this before my machine returned to it's spot! It's there now)
That same day, we had new ceramic tile installed in the master bathroom. It had carpet before, and if you know anything about the humidity in Texas, you know that's not a good idea. The tile looks so beautiful!
Of course new tile required a new rug. And a new rug required new matching towels! You know how that goes. Now that the floors look so beautiful some other things are looking a little ratty. Like the family room furniture for example.....

Back to work I go. I should have a new quilt to share with you tomorrow. Enjoy your springtime Monday!




4 comments:

Sally said...

Your floors look beautiful! I'm sure you must be happy when you look at them and also to get things back in order. Yay for new rugs, too!

Lisa said...

I love your new sewing room! I could definitely see myself sitting at that desk and sewing with you :-)

Maria said...

Your new look sewing room looks fabulous Ellyn as does the new bathroom. Will have o show us when you put your new mat and towels in.

thanks for popping over to my place. I am sad you don't get my e-mails. someone said I may have had a virus on my e-mail so your sever now won't let me in to you and just returns them???. :(
I receive all your e-mails ok.

Melissa said...

Wow, the floors look great! So exciting.