Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Swap block quilt

Remember when I was making red and cream swap blocks? And then I had a huge pile of blocks and I was trying to figure out what to do with them? Well, it's done! It's kind of a random, crazy sampler quilt. What do you think?


I ended up putting some of the 6 1/2 inch blocks into groups of four and making 12 1/2 inch blocks. Then I used some more of the small blocks as cornerstones. It's a really huge quilt (for me anyways.) It's about 72 inches by 90 inches.

Here's a close up shot so you can see the quilting. My friend Diann did this one too... see the cherries??? I love them! I have lots of cherries in my house (not real ones, mind you!)
 

That's my sixth quilt finish for 2012. Wow. Two a month! I wonder if I can keep up this pace. I doubt it!

Hubby had a great idea (as he was holding his arms in the air for some length of time while I took pictures). He said "next house when we have the fence built we're going to have clips built into it for your quilts." Isn't that fabulous? Maybe I could just buy some clips & hot glue them to this fence! Hmmm... the wheels are turning...


2 comments:

Maria said...

that's a gorgeous quilt and in your favorite colours too.
Hmmm hooks on the fence is a good idea for you. I don't have a fence....

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

awesome finish!! At least you have a fence for display outside. I got nothing.