Wednesday, September 19, 2012

my other favorite hobby

Even before I began crafting and sewing I loved to sing. I wish I had the picture of my sis and I in our children's choir robes with the big blue bows tied around our necks. I can picture it in my head. I have loved to sing for as long as I can remember. When I graduated from High School, I travelled for a year with an international cast of Up With People. This weekend, I flew down to Houston, TX and had the opportunity to visit with four others who travelled with me, 30+ years ago....
 Charlotte, Kendall, Me, Leigh Ann and Adraine

I stayed with Leigh Ann this weekend and sang with her church choir in their Meet the Composer events.
 How's that for a big choir? Leigh Ann and I are in the front row on the left side. The composer this year was Joseph Martin. We had the opportunity to get to know him and his lovely wife, to sing his compositions under his direction and to listen to the two of them perform. It was so much fun! Here are Leigh Ann and I with Joseph...
I'm back home again, catching up on laundry and finding my way back to crafty endeavors!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I can also picture you in the robe and BIG bow...
How nice to catch up with your friends and sing in the big choir..
I can see you both in the front row..

Deborah said...

How fun. I always wished I could sing! I remember Up With People very well!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!