Wednesday, April 10, 2013

still building barns...

Yay for Wednesday! Every other Wednesday, Lori posts another barn to make. And since it's cold and rainy outside and my family has abandoned me and doesn't need me today, I hopped right on it and made mine already.....

 So, that's four barns done. Lori has added sashing to hers already, but I haven't decided what fabrics I want to sash with yet, so mine will be added later. I am thinking blues and greens. Also, she has said that we will make 12 barns. That's going to be one big quilt! I think I might split mine into two baby quilts. We shall see.
 In case you're wondering, that's an owl hooting in the window of my new block...
And now I do believe I will curl up with a quilt and a book and nap read the rest of the afternoon away!

4 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

that's a bright and cheery churn dash! I like it! I got my 4 barns done and sewn together. Just haven't had a chance to get the camera out.

Melissa said...

It was definitely cold & rainy today - way too cold! :(

Another fun barn!

Claudia said...

Cute barns! I've seen a commercial pattern like this with a barn with a classic quilt block done in solids. I've always been tempted to make this quilt.

Maria said...

No hot and humid here LOL...
Love your barn with the owl in the window...
How big are your barn windows??