Monday, October 7, 2013

jumping on another bandwagon

Several months ago I pinned this tutorial and vowed I would try out the Japanese X and + block. There were quite a few quilts of these popping up all over blogland and I was intrigued. Well it took me quite a while to hop on the bandwagon, but the other day I finally sat down to make one block. And this happened....

Twelve blocks! All made from my stash (except for a couple of fat quarters of gray solids I bought, so I could mix up the triangle colors). And then I decided to make one big block to mix in with the others...
 And that made me happy too.

So there you have it. Once again I have been sidetracked by things not on my "must do" list. Sigh. More of these to come....

8 comments:

Sally said...

I love your colorful blocks! I think these are the best version of this block that I have seen so far!

beth said...

Beautiful! What a happy quilt this will be!

Melissa said...

Those look like fun! I've stuck to my to-do list today but have been sneaking in some blog reading, magazine thumbing, and book reading along the way! :>)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute!! Love all the colors.

Maria said...

Oh gorgeous are those blocks...
And I also see I missed the cute Fall stitchery . Don't know how that happened.
Will down load tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blocks! Congrats!

Chris said...

Hi Ellyn, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Carla said...

What a fun quilt THAT is going to be ; ). Turquoise and orange is a favourite Color combo of mine. Have fun with your blocks