Tuesday, April 8, 2014

chalkboard for the studio

I like to have a chalkboard in my studio space where I can keep a list of projects that need to be finished. In my old space I had a small chalkboard. When we moved, I decided I wanted a nice big chalkboard! I found this awesome frame at Hobby Lobby and purchased it half price....
 Bought a nice smooth board and had hubby cut it to fit. Also purchased chalkboard paint. I debated between the spray paint and the regular paint. In the end I decided rolling on the paint would be less messy...
 A small roller was definitely the way to go. The paint went on very smoothly
 I used four coats of paint (and have plenty left over for another project!)
Look how great it looks hanging in my space! The chalkboard space measures 18x20 inches. Plenty of room for my list (if I write small!)
 My minis wall is evolving too! I added the clock I bought at the general store when we went to the Jefferson Quilt show (I love how it looks retro even though it is brand new) and my word of the year, GRACE.

 I love how my space is evolving.

6 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

it is looking great! Love the framed chalkboard. Great idea.

Chantal said...

Very nice Ellyn. It is so useful to have something to write on where you can actually see it. We painted the door leading into the garage in chalkboard paint many years ago and it has been great. We can leave messages for one another etc. Your sewing room sure looks pretty. I love the mini's on the wall.

jerigirl said...

FYI Ellyn- this blog post of yours was stolen and posted at quiltpatternspro .com (no spaces). MANY, MANY other bloggers' content has been reposted on this site. Check out this post from "The Bitchy Stitcher" about it. http://thebitchystitcher.blogspot.co.nz/2014/04/quilt-writing.html#disqus_thread

Maria said...

Fabulous chalk board and it looks great on your wall. Love the way your sewing space is looking. You will spend many happy hours in there creating.

Melissa said...

It is looking great!!!

Sally said...

Your chalk board looks awesome! I love this idea! I have a boring little white board, but I always forget to write stuff on it.