Tuesday, April 1, 2014

this and that

Yay! my wall of minis is beginning to come together! I put my three Thimbleblossoms minis up the other day and I must say, I love the way they all play together....
 As you can see, I have lots of room to add to this wall.... also, my fabric is all unpacked but looking rather messy. sigh.
 Has anyone else been contemplating making a Marcelle Medallion quilt from the Liberty Love book? Or am I the only one that crazy? Do a search for them on Pinterest, you will be amazed! I have to be honest, it's the center block that intimidates me the most. I decided to give the block a trial run, using some fabrics from my stash....

It's not perfect but it's not horrible, right? This was, most definitely the most difficult quilt block I have ever attempted. I will try it again. Perhaps in solids? Stay tuned....

3 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Kudos to you. That block DOES look difficult. Yours came out great! Make it into another mini and throw it on your wall. ;)

Maria said...

Great idea Jen!!
Nice block but I think I will leave it up to you to make the quilt.

Melissa said...

The minis wall looks great - I'll have to get another house tour next time I'm there to check on the unpacking!