Monday, June 30, 2014

The Postcard Quilt Along

A few days ago, Debbie over at A Quilter's Table posted a Postcard Quilt Along. Debbie had designed an adorable mini quilt that resembles postcards. I loved it. Hop on over there & take a look, I know you'll love hers too!

Well I had been hoarding hanging onto some awesome Hawaiian fat quarters that my pal Raquel brought back for me last year. I knew when I saw the perfect project to make with them, I'd know it. Well this was it! I decided to make a "Postcards from Hawaii" quilt using Debbie's tutorial.

 It required a trip to the quilt store to get some text prints (I've been dying to add some text prints to my stash anyways! Perfect opportunity!)
 And here's my finished quilt! It went together quickly & was so much fun to make.
If you want to see some more Postcard quilts, check out the flickr group. And then make one! come on, I know you want to!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm truly very fond of your "Postcards from Hawaii"...perfect use of those prints. And yay for some text in your stash now! I'm curious what the one is with some blue...2nd from the left...
THANKS for sewing along - I'm so glad you joined in!

Jennie said...

Fabulous! Those are the perfect prints for this project!

Melissa said...

Very cute - I like the text print in with all those happy colors!