Thursday, October 20, 2016

wonky dresden neighborhood

Welcome to my Wonky Dresden Neighborhood! About a month ago I took this fun class from Martha Lindberg at Not Your Mama's Quilt Store. For me, one of the best parts of taking a class is seeing how different everyone's projects look just based on different fabric choice...

I started with a layer cake of all of the new grunge colors & I just love how mine came together. But everyone elses are so cool too! Makes me want to make another one. 

My finished quilt is 26 inches square.

And, I'm happy to say, this is my first finish for the fourth quarter in the Finish Along! 




9 comments:

Sara said...

Love your color choices - it's an adorable quilt! This is a pattern that I've been eying for months now and now thinking that I definitely need to just order the pattern and have some fun.

Ondrea said...

They all look great but I really like yours a bit more. Truly!

Debbie said...

oh this turned out really fun! I didn't realize it was so small - sweet! Personally, I love the fabrics you used...

Maria said...

Oh my goodness Ellyn your Wonky Dresdan is amazing.... just visited your previous posts and I'm pleased you had a great time with Leigh Anne.. sew nice of her to go along with you to buy that yummy Liberty Fabric. Loving the project your making from the fabrics...

Chantal said...

I really love this little quilt. The fabrics are the perfect choice. I love that some of the buildings have lights on in them. So fun. It's a little global village (being in the round). Is there a pattern out there for this?

Anonymous said...

OMG this is so cute i love your little mini,well done.

Mary Huey said...

Great finish and thanks for sharing some of the other fabric palettes!!

Judy @ Sew Some Sunshine said...

Love your fabric choices, this is such a great finish, nice work!

Sunflower Days said...

I just made this for an auction, it was so much fun!