Saturday, December 24, 2016

rope bowls

With all of the coiled rope bowls popping up on Instagram, it was only a matter of time before I went down the rabbit hole too and gave it a try. My first bowl came out pretty good (even if the edges are a little wonky!)
I'm still getting the hang of molding the shape of the bowls and evening out the top. Let's just call it organic and move on, shall we?
My second bowl is equally wonky  organic and quite a bit larger! I loved pulling out green strips I had on hand as I am rather loving the newly announced Pantone color of the year, greenery! I intend to explore this color even more in the new year. I don't think I've ever made a quilt that featured green so that will be a new adventure for me.

Also, I'm guessing there will be more bowls. And maybe, just maybe, I'll master those wonky edges. Or maybe not. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like fun making the organis bowls....

Maria said...

Would you believe ORGANIC

Stephanie said...

I am loving the rope bowls. I sent my hubs out to get me the clothesline and he said why are you putting a clothesline in your sewing room lol!

Ondrea said...

OH my! Your never cease to amaze me with your crafty versatility! LOoks awesome!

Chantal said...

Love your bowl. I have made a few and they are so much fun to make. Love the green bits here and there. Merry Christmas my friend and wishing you a wonderful, creative, happy and healthy new year.