Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Celebrating Dad

It was such a treat to travel to Phoenix this past weekend and celebrate my dad's 80th birthday. We had lots of family time and a big party and I don't think he stopped smiling the whole time!

Dad is the greatest guy I know! He loves people, is always the first to help when needed. He's kind and generous.... I have always looked up to him. It was fun to do nice things for him for a change!

Before we left I decided to whip up a little quilt for him to hang.....
Dad is a huge Cleveland Indians fan (we were really hoping for a World Series win last fall!) so I thought a chief wahoo mini would do the trick. I used a picture of chief wahoo to create the appliqué and I think it turned out pretty sweet! Dad seemed to like it too.

The weekend went way too fast & now I am home, nursing a nasty cold. Sigh.


6 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like a FUN weekend! Your day (& you!) looks great. The Indian mini turned out nice - we watched all the games hoping for an Indians win, too. :(

Melissa said...

P.S. Hope you are feeling better quickly!

Sally said...

That's an awesome quilt for your dad! Hope that Cleveland's turn is next year! Hope you feel better quickly, too! I had a cold or some cold like virus that last from Thanksgiving until the weekend before Christmas. I hope yours passes much more quickly. It's great that you were able to go and spend time with your dad, celebrating is wonderful!

Debbie said...

It was fun to see your happy photos. We did similar for my moms 80th a few years ago - good times!

Ondrea said...

Such precious time with your dear dad. Great pic. LOve what you made for him. Good thinking.

Maria said...

Sew nice to have spent your Dads birthday with him.... sorry you have a cold, hope you get better soon.