Wednesday, February 8, 2017

pillow swap

One of my favorite swaps we do occaisionally at the McKinney Modern Quilt Guild is the scrap swap. We each bring a big bag of our own scraps, swap them at the meeting, then make something for the original scrap owner. Last month we swapped bags to make pillow covers. I came home with this yummy bag of scraps from my friend Chris....
Chris loves all things scrappy, and stars, so I set to work to make a scrappy star pillow for her. I really love the way it turned out...
Honestly, it was hard to give this one back to her last night! I even had some fun with the back...

see that little English Paper Pieced star at the bottom? It's a label!
I can't really help but include a little EPP in just about everything I do. 

Checking this fun project off of my 2017 Finish-along first quarter list!
see how pretty it looks on my front porch? sigh....



6 comments:

Chantal said...

It's gorgeous Ellyn! No wonder you had problems giving it back to Chris. She is a lucky lady. I LOVE your label! So cool!

Debbie said...

Very nice. What a good idea for a swap.

Lisa C said...

Really cute! I love those yellows!

Maria said...

I would want to keep the lovely star cushion too...Lucky Chris....

Ondrea said...

Fantastic idea and the cushion is so lovely. Love the back too! Extra special.

Rhonda the Rambler said...

I wish I had the originator of the scrap bag!! How lovely!! Thank you for participating in the FAL - on behalf of the 2017 Global FAL hosts.