Sunday, February 4, 2018

weaving dishtowels

The Woolery is having a weave off. Basically, you weave a dishtowel using their Bluegrass Mills 6/2 cotton yarn, and send it to them. There are different categories, & prizes for each, but here's the really cool thing. When the contest is over, they will donate all of the towels to a local women's shelter! I just loved that idea, so I quickly ordered 2 colors of their yarn (aquamarine and queen anne's lace) and set to work.

It was fun to experiment with a new-to-me yarn. It worked up very nicely and I will surely use it again!

I wove three towels on my warp, a plain weave windowpane pattern (yarn doubled in both warp and weft for all three towels)...
a waffle weave with two strands of the aquamarine....
and a waffle weave with one strand of each color....
I bound the edges in a Cotton & Steel fabric I had on hand and added my labels...
Thanks Woolery for your awesome weave-off!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Very cool idea and your dish cloths are lovely! Nice to use a new-to-you yarn...

Maria said...

You've made more lovely dish clothes in different yarns and weaves...

Ondrea said...

You constantly amaze me girl! They are really lovely.